We deeply care about our community and recognize our responsibility to the city that supports us. Therefore, the Kansas City Irish Fest Grant Fund was created to foster awareness and appreciation of Kansas City’s rich Irish heritage and to enhance and promote Irish music, dance, literature, theater, visual arts, sports and cuisine.
If you are an individual or 501(c)3 organization that needs to fill out a grant update form, please click here.
2014 Grant Process Parameters
Opens in August
- Up to $1,500 grants for individuals
- Up to $3,500 for qualified 501(c)3 agencies
- The grant process opens in August and closes on September 30, 2013
- Recipients notified by the end of the current calendar year
- Grants must be used during the 2014 calendar year
- Past Recipients will file a grant update form. File a Grant Update form
How To Apply
All funds awarded will be for projects, programs and or events taking place in the calendar year 2014.
The Kansas City Irish Fest is committed to
- Presenting family-friendly entertainment, activities and products
- Providing opportunities for Irish organizations to promote positive & peaceful causes
- Perpetuating the study and appreciation of Irish history and genealogy
- developing and cultivating opportunities for leadership and volunteerism
- Deepening a sense of community among Irish Americans and all ethnic groups that contribute to the unique flavor and vitality of the Midwest
Categories Not Eligible For Irish Fest Grants
- Bricks and mortar
- Items of a political nature
- Operating expenses
- Payment for professional services
Through cash grants of up to $1500 for individuals and up to $3500 for qualified 501(c)3 agencies in the community that supports us, Irish Fest hopes to help keep alive the proud Irish heritage that unites and defines us.
Please note the grant application process will close September 30th, 2013 and recipients will be notified by the end of the calendar year.
2012 Individual Grant Recipients
- Barbara Engel for the Martin City St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- David McNally for education & competition purposes for bagpiping
- Mary Kate Gield to cover expense to study literature @ Trinity College
- Kerry Browne for Browne’s Irish Street Faire
- Sylvia Stoner-Hawkins for a Bloomsday Celebration
2012 501 C3 Grant Recipients
- KCUR for their Thistle & Shamrock show
- Children for Peace in Ireland for bringing 16 Kids from Northern Ireland to KC
- Kansas City Irish Center for their Contemporary Author Program
- Kansas City Feis for expenses associated with hosting the KC Feis
- KC Jr. Blues for their 20 year celebration
- Missouri Irish Brigade for learning history through living history
- OMM Booster Club for new dance costumes
- Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street for their St. Patrick’s Parade
- Kansas City Gaelic Athletic Club for hurling equipment and for the Midwest Gaelic Cup tournament